Today is Saturday. And last week was not too bad at work. But I was a homebody mostly. My therapist had advised that I try to get morebin touch with my feelings. So I tried.
I felt sad often, but I did not feel the powerful pull on my heart. I suppose I refuse myself these childish indulgences.
I used to think that the gravity of my heartbreak is reflected in how sad I become. This is a self destructive mindset. To destroy yourself to show the world how deeply you grieve.
I have chosen to instead rebuild my life. I have run out of some steam, and been feeling fatigued. But I have made some progress.
- I have made a few new friendships. All have he potential of growing from what I see.
- I have gotten more productive at work, my mid year review was positive.
- I have been a decent single dad, managing my many responsibilities well.
Room for improvement
- I have not been consistent with my workouts this week.
- I have not made time for my new interests
- I have not been social this week.
I am a little afraid that I would settle back to my “comfortable life ” mindset. But I will soldier on!