I have been nominated for The Blue Sky Tag by my fellow sojourner, and kindred spirit and friend, Purple Owl. She writes about her story, her journey, and her will and determination to conquer her challenges. She gives me strength and reminds me that we are never alone in our struggles.
First time I have been nominated to anything on wordpress, I can’t help but feel a sense of childlike excitement. We are talking “Full-grown man giggling” excited.
Here are the rules:
- Give 11 questions
- Tag 11 people
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
Here are Purple Owl’s Questions:
- If you could give your younger self a piece of advice what would it be? Your single-minded drive to financial security will hollow you out. And there is difference in wanting balance in life and actually having it. Place joy over achievement. Be kind.
- Describe your ideal day. A day spent with my son. Unhindered from work. (This bit is now fantasy, but here it is) Have my wife next to me. Relaxing and happy.
- What was your favourite toy as a child? I didn’t have too many toys growing. But I used to enjoy making action figure cutouts of paper, and weave elaborate action-adventure stories.
- What was the last thing you bought? Knee pads for my mountain bike and sunscreen.
- If you could meet any figure from history who would it be? I would like to be present in the court of Alexander, and accompany him on his military campaign across the Hindu-Kush.
- What is your favourite meal? Its a violent deathmatch between Tandoori Chicken and Sushi.
- What is your favourite season? Spring. Everything is so green. The weather is turning warmer. I can be out. Ride. Have time to play with my son after I come back home from work.
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee. But I am trying to give that up.
- What is your neighbourhood like? Residential. Densely packed townhouses. There are some car free spaces, where my son and I go exploring and biking. Active construction still going on in parts of the area. Big construction boom in the greater region.
- What has been your favourite age so far? I assume this is “my age”. It was always now. I was under the impression my life was forever improving and getting better. My best age was 34 , about three months ago. My life has changed a bit since.
- Describe the room you are sitting in right now. I am sitting on the kitchen Island. My son finishing his breakfast next to me. Its a rather long “Great Room”, one large enclosed rectangle. Kitchen on one end, and the living/TV room on the other. Big windows and a fair bit of light this time of the day.
Here are my nominees:
You don’t have to play if you don’t want… But please do, it will be fun. And I don’t have too many people I know in blogosphere, so apologies if this is random!
And my questions:
- Name three things that fill your life with happiness?
- Whats the next place you are going to on vacation?
- What was for breakfast?
- Whats your drink/beverage of choice?
- Whats the most amazing place that you have been to?
- Do you get excited at the idea of meeting new people/ Making new friends?
- What was the last new skill you learned?
- What was the last act of kindness that you did?
- Whats something you like about your physical appearance?
- Whats something you like about your inner self?
- Whats one thing that you dream of doing that is absolute fantasy ( unlikely to happen)?