My wife and I are still living under the same roof. But we are planning to live in separate places in the coming months. Very soon I will need to transition from full time working dad to also include duties as a single parent.
I am used to the following already:
- Making breakfast
- Bathing the little one
- Getting him ready for school
- Dropping and picking to/from school
- Doctor’s appointments.
- Putting him to sleep.
Today I was timing how long it took for me to make breakfast? It came out to 25 minutes to prepare and finish breakfast. I will probably need to improve on that time. Because, when I will have him by myself, I suppose I will be racing the clock. I will need to get up before him, and get ready myself. I will be timing my morning grooming and getting ready activity. I hope to take no more than 20 minutes, if I prepare the night before. Set aside all clothing and supplies, etc.
The biggest area I need to improve is in cooking. I need to be able to prepare healthy and nutritious meals on a regular basis for myself and my son. Does anyone have any advice?
I want to be able to work out too. So, on the days I will have my son.
- I suppose I will get up close to 5:30. Short 30 minute workout.
- Get ready by 6:30.
- Breakfast ready by 7:00. Wake him. Feed Him.
- Get him ready by 7:30AM
- Drop him to daycare and be on my way to work by 8AM
- Finish up work by 5 sharp and head back to pick him up.
- Start prepping dinner by 6:30.
- Finish dinner by 7:30PM.
- Leaves a whopping 90 minutes to wind down, relax, and story time 🙂
And for this to happen, I must have him in bed by 9PM. And I should be in by 10PM.
Any single fathers out there who can give me some tips?