As I struggle with the dark pull of despondency, I realize that outside of my relationships, I have always struggled with loneliness.
Loneliness scares me. I perpetuate my present situation to eternity, i.e, if I am alone now, I will forever be alone.
This is my mindset. Believing the most negative outcome, and then yolked by my own prediction.
This is going to be a great challenge for me. How do I change my mindset?
Can I really re-wire my mind?
It will take action. And I will assume, it will take a lot of practice.
- Embrace failure. Always focusing on actually doing the thing you are dreaming of, regardless of outcome. And if you fail, keep doing it, till you get better. Have a warrior mindset. Train hard. Shrug off failure. Persist.
- Be your own cheerleader. Empower yourself everyday. Visualize the outcome of what you are trying. Know that when you get there, you will feel proud of yourself.
- Don’t Analyze. Just Do. Or Move on. I have long been an over-analyzer. Over-think, Brood. This is the opposite of being spontaneous. Just do it. Especially if its something that you feel is outside your comfort zone.
- Celebrate little victories. Always focus on the small things first. No sea change is coming. It will be the culmination of many small changes. So its important to enjoy the little things, so you can keep going on to the bigger goals.
- Fight temptations/addictions. They make me feel guilty.
- I was addicted to pornography for a long time. I am making a tough journey to stop.
- I am addicted to comfort food.
- I am addicted to long hours of gaming / Netflix, which disrupt my sleeping habits.
- I over-dream, and not do enough to follow my dreams.
I have given up the following:
- Coffee – In order to get whiter teeth, and regulate my sleep cycle better.
- Gaming – In order to have healthier habits, and more time for myself and my son.
- Spending time on the computer – Porn/Netflix are empty pursuits. They do nothing to improve my reservoir of hope/will.
Habits I have taken up:
- Workout 5-6 days a week.
- Meetups, do things that push you to meet people.
- Work less. Clean break at 5PM ish.
- Write this blog.
- Grooming. I am aiming for impeccable .Skin. Hair. Teeth.
- Style. Dress and value my appearance as man who takes pride.